Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im from indonesia and also a new member in this forum.i have jimny katana 1997 with f 10 engines.....
could some one help me with the suspension. how can i make it soft??:eek:
and how can i get Jimny katana console center box and door trim with the armrest...??????

thanks broo.........:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
is that the jimny that is leaf sprung like the US spec samurai, or is it a coil suspension.

if it has leaf springs, that best thing you can do is get a 87-95 jeep wrangler springs. they are supposed to give you the best ride.

and if it is the coil sprung suspension - i am sorry but i havent any ideas there

mule

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks mule

thank you mule nice to have response...
yes my jimny are usinga leaf spring...could you please give me the spec for the wrangler leaf spring....

thanks broo...

·
Registered
201 Posts
off the top of my head...lets see i know that they are 2 inches wide, and longer. i want to say that with the wrangler YJ (the square headlight jeep denotation) springs give you a slightly longer wheelbase - moving the front axle fowrard an inch if memory serves me.

hope this helps. if you have anyone in your area has lifted a jeep then you might be able to get teh stock springs at the cheap.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Salaam, the best way to soften the ride if you are from southeast asia is to use isuzu Mu rear leafsprings. This will entail some work on your underchassis as they are wider/longer but the rewards are great-soft ride, great articulation ( think going over rocks with the body hardly moving).

If you want something simpler, use a rear Suzuki leaf for the front with 2"longer shackles for a better ride & a little lift

Mind you, these are secrets from the Suzuki Underworld in our country

·
Registered
9 Posts
you will need to move the hangers & fabricate wider ones, not so complicated but take care in chassis welding, too much heat will weaken it. Believe me, it's worth the extra effort

·
Registered
44 Posts
Help from Indonesia

Hi, I'm also located in Indonesia (Jakarta)

Not sure where you're at but you might want to try and contact this workshop (bengkel) in Jatibening, Cikunir Bekasi. (Pak Ujang, HP 081399575490)

I too had a rough ride on my Suzuki Jimny SJ410 till Ujang did some adjustment and change one of the Leaf Springs.

Spent about Rp 80,000 x 4 = Rp 320,000 for it and never had any regrets since.

Good luck......

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I'm also located in Indonesia (Jakarta)

Not sure where you're at but you might want to try and contact this workshop (bengkel) in Jatibening, Cikunir Bekasi. (Pak Ujang, HP 081399575490)

I too had a rough ride on my Suzuki Jimny SJ410 till Ujang did some adjustment and change one of the Leaf Springs.

Spent about Rp 80,000 x 4 = Rp 320,000 for it and never had any regrets since.

Good luck......
You're right acbk8888, just visited ujang today, he did some fixings no replecements at all and now i feel that my katana is a real car not like a rigid truck anymore.......

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hello Jasperyupies

You're right acbk8888, just visited ujang today, he did some fixings no replecements at all and now i feel that my katana is a real car not like a rigid truck anymore.......
Wah, sudah posting tahun lalu masih ada yg baca? (Posted last year and still someone reads this...hehe)

I hear from Ujang you're from Ps Rebo? Maybe sometime we can get together and chat about modif Jimny/Katana...er...maybe after my Jimny finish the body/paint job (end march I hope)....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi acbk8888 nice meeting u, indeed i live in ps rebo n where is yr residence? In fact I prefer the Katana in pure standard condition, but the suspesion drove me crazy. I was thinking to install the All Helical spring, but apparently the workshop at wr buncit is already gone. Anyway, Ujang has made my life more comfortable.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi Jasperyupies, I'm staying in Jatibening, about 5 minutes away from Ujang. Nice to know you have a good ride now.

·
Registered
192 Posts
In general the longer the softer. Also the least number of leaves the softer... just don't under rate the weight for the vehicle.
As others have said, go with a wider spring. That may also let you be able to remove a smaller overload leaves on the bottom.
Now all that said, don't forget the shocks. I've always wanted to try the Rancho 9000 adjustable shocks. Not sure if you can get them. You can sit and dial them from firm to soft...

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
You will know when you have removed too many leaves (to make it softer) because after a decent trail ride your springs will look like an 'S'.
(a little more arched than normal behind the axle and like an inverted arch in front of the axle)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts