Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fiance and I just purchased a 2012 kizashi are big concern is the tires we don't know if there going to be any good in the winter and I was thinking about buying a second set of wheels and tires. I wanted to get 16 inch steel wheels if possible since 16 inch winter tires are more common than the factory 18s that came on it. Has any one every done this? Have any fitment problems? Thank you ahead of time for any help

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I've heard of a few people doing it on another forum. The 16" rims were standard fitment on some models, so you shouldn't have any problems. I believe the tyre size you should be looking at is 215/60R16 -to get the same overall diameter as your current wheels/ tyres.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a free set of 215/70/16 could I get those to fit they are free and studded
I know there a little larger

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Did you read the warning that would have flashed up on the 1010 Tires site?

**Warning!**

When changing tire sizes, we recommend staying within 3% of the diameter of the original tire. Any more than this and you face the risk of brake failure.
There are many potential problems.... The handling will suck (could even be dangerous), the acceleration will be slower. Your speedo will be out, your brakes won't work as well because there will be extra strain placed on them (hence that warning above as they could overheat!). You could even rip out or damage the plastic inner guards/ wheel arches on full steering lock.

Depending on the laws where you live it could be an illegal modification. (Meaning your insurance company could say "bad luck" if you have an accident and pay zilch.)

Bottom-line - buy the proper sized tyres!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts