Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for aftermarket steel rims 15 inch for winter use with snow tires.
Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi rboate

I went to my local Suzuki dealer and asked them if anyone had ordered a vehicle and specified alloys - then could I purchase the old steels. They told me they normally send them for scrap - within a week I had a set of new steels for £50 (US$80) then had them fitted with General Grabber A/T2's for winter use keeping the salt off the alloys.

Good luck

Beancounter69

·
Registered
44 Posts
good morning beancounter69,

Just to let all know, I kept the price of my tires down by sticking with factory rims. I would have liked the option of steel for winter but my wife said it wasn't in the budget before xmas and all. With that said, I had the guys down at Royal Tire use sticky weights on the inside of the rim as not to damage the rim with corrosive causing lead on steel weights, (I think its called galvanic reaction or something.) The other option was a alluminium purpose weight which is dipped in clear coat or something. They don't damage the alluminium as much and cause less corrosion down the road. The sticky weight is still the best option. This cost me $2 extra per tire, and I think it's worth it. Something good to know. John. :beer:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi All

On the steels I just had rim-clip weights. Unfortunately Suzuki also use these on the alloys as original fittings. My other car alloys I specify inboard stickies to stop the corrosion issue. When I replace the duellers on the alloys I shall rub down the patches with wet & dry and revarnish, then go with inboard stickies.

Beancounter69

1 - 4 of 4 Posts