Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious,Whats yall's take on a snorkle?Good/bad,yay/na? Are they a pain to install and do you really need one?I have gone thru some deep creeks before and wondered if a snorkle would be helpful??JUst wondering about the idea?????

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
If you typically gothrough water that splashes over the hood, consider a snorkel. The ARB units are pricey but they work and look great. Many folks have built their own from PVC. I guess your wallet will tell you which to go with...

·
Registered
264 Posts
Mostly, I think they look really cool! Not only do they look super cool, they really help to keep the dust out of your filter, as well as the water from deep creek adventures.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasnt thinking about running out and getting one but was just wondering if it was all worth it or not.Thanks for the info.They do look cool though,thats for sure...Ive still got plenth of $$$ to spend without a snorkle,lol.Im going to pick my winch up next week I think.Im going with a smittybuilt 8000 cause I can get it here local for $350 with a lifetime warranty!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
i was running my engine with no snorkel but with 2 inch extracted exhaust system and it sounded like my engine was working hard to get air but now i got a airflow snorkel from ebay (look at suzuki sierra) for $350 and it was easy as to install it comes with paper template to markout where to cut the hole in your gaurd. now i'm runnig the snorkel the engine is not working hard and i'm getting better fuel milage. some people say its like putting a ram pod on.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The first thing I would do before adding a snorkle is get rid of the mechanical fan and put an electric fan with an on/off switch on the dash. This way you don't splash water all over the top of the engine when going through deep water.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the info guys.They do look cool but im not in a hurry to go get one,plus,I have lots of other toys to get 1st,lol.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts