Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well,im thinking my zuk has seen its last leg engine wise?? Its burning 2 -3 quarts of oil a month and smoking something bad!So,my question is better to rebuild( which ive never done)or buy one from Petro or Low range thats already done and just bolt in??I am somewhat mechanicly able...ive had the trans out twice and clutch and that kind of stuff but ive never been inside of the engine or drivetrain which im wanting 4.9 gears in my T-case to and so my question is the same??better to buy already done???:confused:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Im in your exact situation with my engine, and my mechanical abilities. Here's what I did, I found a engine with a rod knock dirt cheap, this was the first engine I have ever disassembled, and it was easy, these motors are simply. I determined the #3 rod bearing spun, and that crank journal will need to be welded. Im going to take it to a machine shop, and have them do all the machine work/assembly.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well,ive thought about the 1.6 but it sounds like a lot of trouble?Am I wrong?
I may can rebuild mine but I dont have the time to learn it right now,winters coming!!lol

·
Registered
293 Posts
KJ - do you still work at Bass Pro over at Opry Mills, or have I got you confused with another poster from Nashville? I am going to be in Donelson tomorrow afternoon, and it you are working, I could stop by in my '91 with a 1.6l 8v if you wanted to see what is involved in doing the conversion.

Send me a PM if you I am not confused. Would be glad to help out another Zuk owner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts