Suzuki Forums banner
101 - 120 of 143 Posts

· Registered
1998 Swift 4door 1.0i Auto
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #103 · (Edited)
My Heated Rear Window 'defogger' switch has been a proper annoyance!! Clicking on and off half a dozen times to get the window to clear = dodgy innards 🥺
I have stripped the guts out and reconfigured it all, with a simple toggle switch [illuminated, power ON].

Neat job and working fine.....

OPM
Product Circuit component Handwriting Font Passive circuit component
Car Plant Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I discovered the interior lighting bulb is a single 5W5 filament bulb...
I had LED 5W5 spare (from my LED brake light mod) so, stuck one in... Quite an improvement = sharper/whiter brightness.

Worthwhile swap, takes two minutes (y)

OPM

· Registered
14,010 Posts
Lucky you, can't do that on the GV due to auto dimming interior lights, the leds don't like it, neither does the bcm driver.

Reactions: OnePeddleMissin

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
As we all know, the 5door doesn't have a 'factory hatchlip' spoiler....
I have given it a GREAT DEAL of thought (and - point blank - refuse to buy at eBay prices!!) ... So, we are here >>

Rectangle Wood Grass Line Parallel

This is a Range Rover rear hatch bottom trim. I plan to crop length and repurpose the chopped end pieces to effect 'blade ends' ...

I am quite looking forward to planning/executing the mod 😎

OPM

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
The rear Wash/wipe has been very lacklustre, of late.... Mere dribble coming out!
I used a paperclip, with a chisel end created on abrasive paper, and screwed it [violently] into the spray hole....

Copious fluids awash now.... ☔

OPM

· Registered
14,010 Posts
One strand from a wire brush is just the right size

· Registered
14,010 Posts
You don't have auto parts shops there? I can buy these over the counter

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
O-ring fitted, splodge of Blue Hylomar. I have subbed the T40 head bolts with 13mm a/f + thick washer.
A scratch on the mounting face got my 100% refit timing alignment. I removed the dizz cap so I might know the rotor arm position - to refit.

Fired straight up 🎉🍾🥂

OPM

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
I was 'idly browsing'* .... A Lie! 👁 .... eBay when this oddment caught my eye.
I will buy any 'piece of auld tatt' , should the price be low enough 😮

It would appear to be a 'fart can/cherry' clone.... But, at £12 UK Pounds, I'm happy to stare at it 🙄. It is unused 👌

OPM
Rectangle Wood Font Office supplies Tints and shades
Wood Tints and shades Metal Font Synthetic rubber
Grey Automotive lighting Font Art Door handle
Wheel Vehicle Sports equipment Bicycle wheel Art

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #117 ·
Well..... The Jetex pipe has arrived*

*almost.... Postoffice guy missed us for delivery so we collected it from the Post Office on the high st.

It gets heavier the further you lugg it 😂

OPM
Wood Rectangle Line Flooring Creative arts

· Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
With the current bleak weather/rain.... I have had to summon my mojo for this task 😮
Job done yesterday (46,930m) and I also took the opportunity to tweak tension on the newly replaced flat Alt belt.... My charge Volts have been sagging with all acc. on = belt slip! Cranked a bit on the Alt and now much tighter/13.6V restored 👍🍾
Given the filthy weather & greasy muck off the roads.... I refilled my washer bottle with MaxMix + water.

OPM

· Registered
14,010 Posts
With the current bleak weather/rain.... I have had to summon my mojo for this task 😮
Job done yesterday (46,930m) and I also took the opportunity to tweak tension on the newly replaced flat Alt belt.... My charge Volts have been sagging with all acc. on = belt slip! Cranked a bit on the Alt and now much tighter/13.6V restored 👍🍾
Given the filthy weather & greasy muck off the roads.... I refilled my washer bottle with MaxMix + water.

OPM
I use this stuff, if you can get it there give it a go. Its goid stuff for cutting road grime off the screen.

Treats about 2.5 to 3 litres, so one small 32ml bottle to a washer tank full

101 - 120 of 143 Posts