Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday night when I was coming back from a party, there was a heavy rainfall and I almost lost control over my great car. That day I found that Jimmy is unsteady on the road and the grip is terrible in rain or snow. All my excitement vanished after this incidence.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi benjamin ! For that car is not to be blamed, sometimes due to low friction this sort of problem arises. So, no need to get worried and cheer up.

Originally posted by benjamin@Jul 22 2004, 11:49 AM
Yesterday night when I was coming back from a party, there was a heavy rainfall and I almost lost control over my great car. That day I found that Jimmy is unsteady on the road and the grip is terrible in rain or snow. All my excitement vanished after this incidence.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Ben
Don't expect a Jimny to perform like a big heavy 4wd or a car. It is designed as a light tread lightly sort of 4wd. Tyres & Suspension upgrade to the OEM stuff is quite necessary for improving most Zook's performance. Including the G Vitara if I may add.. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Originally posted by benjamin@Jul 22 2004, 03:49 AM
I don't want to sound condacending but I have seen others forget. Did you lock the freewheel hubs?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by benjamin@Jul 22 2004, 03:49 AM
Well ,my recomendation is to upgrade the suspension (bilsteins are good but u need to ease their valve too so they won't be too hard) get some wheel base extensions (greater wheel base) and some snow tyres that they stick to the ground and warm up easily. Then it will feel like a totaly different car. It is worth spending the money. Trust me! I have tried it on mine !
:D

·
Registered
9 Posts
Actually why not just get wider rims and spacers so that you have a wider stance especially if you plan on lifting but yeah there not heavy 4X4 there light so tred light..they might feel like a cart and weigh like a cart but they don't handle like a cart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts