Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Suzuki Sierra '93 SJ413. I inadvertantly poured 2 litres of 2 stroke (40:1) fuel into the tank about 2 months ago. I wouldn't have thought that this puny amount would make a difference, and indeed after some rough idles for a while, it cleared. Now the vehicle refuses to idle, but performance is subjectively unchanged otherwise.
I used a bottle of Wynns spitfire carby cleaner in the tank just in case, and have cleaned the internals of the carby with a proprietry (alcohol I guess) based spray. Checking the timing is obviously problematic, but I can't imagine this would have changed dramatically in a few months. There is no missing, or (as far as my ears can tell) hunting.
Do the forum members think this is fuel/carby related or something else by coincidence..I'm out of ideas right now.

Cheers
Mal

·
Registered
18 Posts
the oil can split and so sit at the bottom of your tank i,d recomend a tank drain and then take the carb off and give it a good clean ,i fitted a leaver under the stearing column attached to the throttle so i can ajust the idle as i need eg if it wont tick over and i,m goin down steep rocky shit i make it idle at 2500 and just use the clutch and brake

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Appreciate the reply. I was afraid I might have to go through the whole tank removal/ drain thing. I've never drained and cleaned out a tank. I would assume you don't use water for flushing. Is there an effective method you are aware of?
Cheers
Mal

·
Registered
18 Posts
just flush with a bit of clean petrol then drain it take off all filters from fuel line, i,ve seen as many as 3 used befor blow out the lines with an air line if available , appart from all this it could be a carb problem i had to take the cold starter bit off my carb so my car now dosnt have a choke but it does idle properly when its warm now

1 - 5 of 5 Posts