Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my sj410 I'm currently working on a g13bb 16v sohc engine-gearbox swap from a 2004 sammy.
Its the same engine from the first jimny.So,The cable-ecu-instruments came from a jimny donor.The problem we have is to work the speedometer.
Jimny has an electronic sensor on the t-case,but the sj410 t-case has a cable..Any way making it work?Any adaptor?

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
You may need to find an electronic speedo or find a way to fit the Jimny instruments. The electronic signal is needed for the ECU as well as the speedo. The only conversion that I know of is from D&G tuning in Belgium and thats to fit the Jimny sensor to a 410 or 413 tcase.
It may be possible to fit the VSS from a Sammy to the speedo and then use a speedo corrector box to get the right frequency for the ECU.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok.i have the jimny instruments,but not the sensor of the t-case.So i buy one sensor and adapt it to my t-case somehow?
How much is about the sensor?

·
Registered
10 Posts
help

hello i dont no if you will get this but i am doing the same project with my sj410 iv got the G13BB engine and gearbox and the loom from a jimny, did you finsh off your project and if so can you give me some advise please with the speedo and stuff lol im a noobbie

·
Registered
5,299 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
thanks

hi thanks for replying yh i had a look at shropshire suzuki i was going to join them, yh the only problem iv got is im tring to find the sensor for the tcase iv had a look at D&G and could not find the sensor on there web.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ohhh...yes im done with my project..All good love the extra power...
Now how did i work my speedo sensor.
1.Get the speedo sensor
2.Get the little gear (be careful to get the right one)that reads the sensor.
Some models have different tooth number cause of the different jimny gear ratio.Mine i think was 99 and had 22 teeth...
3.A friend of mine gave me a the white adapter plate that bolts after the t-case and holds the sensor.You can easy built one like dg-tunings one.
4.I removed my drum handbake(had to in order to install the sensor)and i machine it to make it a PLATE that the speedo gear goes firm together.
5.Plug and play.
I might post some pictures afternoon

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Glad to hear that its done, looking forward to the pictures :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts