Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am buying a Suzuki sj 413 1988 - however, I have problem trying to find out what model it is - it's a hard top, but I don't know whether it's Samurai or not ( sorry for my naive, it's my first car)

how many different type in 1988 they make? If I have the register no, is there somewhere I can find out which Suzuki model it is?

many thanks

·
Registered
181 Posts
The model is sj413, it wasn't till 1989 when the 1.6 ltr motor came out that they called it a Samurai. My zuk is classed like this. Make- Suzuki, Model- Sj410. That is here in Canada, my differ in the U.K. hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replys, I went and pick up the car anyway, and it has Samurai written on the side :) - in UK the Samurai come out 88' I think, and it's only 1.3, pretty little thing I've got!

however, I now have another question, it's a Hard Top 3 doors 4 seater, colour brown and my insurance ask me is it an estate or a coupe? I look everywhere on the car but couldn't find a reference - does anyone knows the difference between the 2? size different? personally i don't care just the insurance won't pay out if i quote the wrong car model....

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Generally cars are released in multiple versions, often called a special name such a 'estate or coupe', you might want to get the insurance company to inspect it if you can and they can determine what it is. That way if they screw it up it's their fault and not yours!

It usually relates to the accessories it has, ie. the normal version or basic model won't have air con or power locks or anything of that sort, where as the estate might have the A/C or some extras and the coupe only has air con.

Of course, I wouldn't really call a Suzuki SJ or any suzuki for that matter an estate or coupe :p. If you have your registration papers that should have the type of model it is and that should be enough for the insurance company.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts