Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a request for the Manager of this site. Can 'Suzuki Sidekick 1.8 Sport' be added since it's width and engine are unique from the standard Sidekicks?

We suffer from an identity crises since we're 'forgotten' by Suzuki.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I have a request for the Manager of this site. Can 'Suzuki Sidekick 1.8 Sport' be added since it's width and engine are unique from the standard Sidekicks?

We suffer from an identity crises since we're 'forgotten' by Suzuki.
Be careful what you wish for.

Meaning how many people do you think would look over there to see what is going on?

·
Registered
223 Posts
Be careful what you wish for.

Meaning how many people do you think would look over there to see what is going on?

No doubt, it could be like the Kizashi section with very little traffic. :eek:
What I like about this section, is guys from other countries respond that have 96-98 Vitara's that are basically the same vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
I know where you are coming from Hutch, although I tend to agree with the others with regards to maintaining the models as laid out. Plus, all of the current threads discussing the 1.8 Sport are already established here, for history / search purposes.

And I don't determined which new categories to start FWIW, nor can the Mods create them.

·
Administrator
19,092 Posts
Actually the Sidekick Sport IS unique to North America, and, at least in my opinion, the numbers don't warrant a separate section.

The Sidekick Sport is an SV418 - the SV denotes the wider chassis, and the 418 is the J18a, 4 cylinder, 1.8 litre engine, other countries did get the SV chassis, but not with the 1.8, there were two engine choices outside of North America, the J20a, 4 cylinder, 2.0 litre in the SV420, and the H20a, 2.0 litre, V6, in the SV620 and at least one diesel was also offered.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Great info as usual fordem. I can't help but wonder why Suzuki chose the 1.8 for the Sport instead of the 2.0. It sounds like the engine was built just for the US, which does not make sense from on economic standpoint for Suzuki.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.