Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 1988 samurai, with square dash vents, what is a 88 1/2 or do i have one and and what range of years can i pull a (tach)gauge cluster from?

·
Registered
94 Posts
I read "simple questions" and thought since my wife keeps calling me "simple" I could help you. If I'm not mistaken any set from a 88.5 and newer should work. It would be cheaper and easier to just grab a after market tach and plumb it in. I got a small tach and it bolted under the dash in the middle by the shifter and it works like a charm.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I think it goes deeper than vent looks. There was a thread here that explained some of the deeper differences. Most parts stores I've called don't have a different listing for 1988.5 Sami's for most things. There is a difference in the fuel delivery system and that is as far as I can figure out.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Yes, you have an 88.5
You can use a cluster from 88.5 to 95.
To recognize them if you see them apart from the dash, just check the mounting holes. The early (84-88) clusters have four mounting holes at the corners facing the driver. The late model clusters have two mounting holes below the front rim, facing the drivers knees.
I just found one on ebay that says it fits 88-88.5
The sellers doesn't have a clue. It is an early model. You can see the four mounting holes that fit the 84-88 dash but will not fit the 88.5 dash. it is at Item number: 260327983673.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts