Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I attempted a great number of searches and regret if this has been previously discussed.
As I understand, it is possible to swap the internals (ring and pinion) of 1994 SideKick front differentials (5.12's from a 5 speed manual Sidekick) into Samurai housings. I have read those threads and do not need to rehash it. Additionally, as I understand, front Sidekick differential internals are used to supply both front and rear Samurai housing. (There is some conflicting information regarding the necessity of customizing the housing, but that is of no consequence here.)

My question: Would 1994 Sidekick 5.12 ring and pinion work in a front High pinion Dana 30 and a rear Scout Dana 44 (Both currently have 3.07's)? If so, is it possible to use the Dana 30 carrier or would the Sidekick carrier be necessary with the Sidekick R&P.

Note: I am only asking about the differentials. I realize a number of items are potentially incorporated in this question e.g. straight axle conversion, axle spline etc. etc. but they are irrelevant at this time.

·
Super Moderator
12,166 Posts
I seriously doubt it, but I have the bolt count & PCD for the Sidekick ring gear in my notes somewhere, if you can find the same details for the Dana axles that might put you in a MAYBE/NO situation.

My question would be why - does no one make a 5.12 gear set for those axles?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I seriously doubt it, but I have the bolt count & PCD for the Sidekick ring gear in my notes somewhere, if you can find the same details for the Dana axles that might put you in a MAYBE/NO situation.

My question would be why - does no one make a 5.12 gear set for those axles?
Thanks for the reply fordem,

Trying to save a buck. I own the Dana's and found some front Sidekick 5.12's for cheap.
Your response and my searching demonstrate that even if it is possible, it is not common or easy and what is not common or easy is never low cost.

Question answered, thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts