Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a roll bar installed in my '92 Sierra soft-top. Just wondering how hard/easy it is to install yourself, and if there are any legal issues with it. I know you can't road register a car with a full roll cage, but I'm assuming the zook roll bar doesn't count as it's almost purely aesthetic.

Also, I'm in Australia and wondering if anyone knows a good going price for a roll bar. My local wreckers have proved fruitless. I've seen 1 going for about $100AUS and thought that sounded reasonable but I thought I'd get a price check here first.

Cheers :p

·
Registered
20 Posts
Depends on who you talk to really. Bolton from what I've heard is fairly easy DIY with instructions but a lot of people will say they arn't nearly as good as weld-in cages which is probably true. If you are going for aesthetic's then a bolton will probably do teh job you want, but if you plan on a bit of risky bush bashing that might end turtle style then a weld-on might be a better and safer choice. But as far as bolting goes, anyone with a decent drill and know-how should be able to manage a nice job.

As far as pricing, depends on the company, where you get it, who installs it etc. Calmini Roll Cages cost under $1000US before importing but if you look on ebay you occasionally see decent ones (usually second hand) going for under $200 and $100AUS like you said. I guess it's a matter of shop around.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts