Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am fairly knowledgeable about these 96-98 Sport models, But, while surfing Craigslist for parts cars, I came across an ad for a 96 JX that appears to have leather interior. I believe it is a JX because it has steel wheels, not aluminum that came on the JLX. You would think that if leather was available, it would be on the JLX.

Anyway, just curious if anyone else has seen a Sport with leather, or any Sidekick for that matter. I like it! I would like to see better pics, but here are the only pics in the ad that show the interior......

!!1996 Suzuki Sidekick Sport Tow Ready!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Pic #2

edit: I have no idea why the second pic showed up as a thumbnail.:confused:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
In the UK there were a couple of models that came with a leather interior, including the X-EC model which had a rear LSD as standard.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Rhinoman, aren't they called Vitara's over there? I thought this could be some kind of non-US market version, but it is a Sidekick Sport which I believe is US only. Would be interesting to find out if this one has an LSD.

edit: I emailed the seller asking if it came that way from the factory, and all I got was SOLD. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Yes that's correct. The US models are usually a higher specification though so a leather interior is quite possible. The X-EC had an LSD sticker on the tailgate and another on the diff casing to indicate 'LSD oil only'.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wonder if that is what this little emblem on the tail gate says......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.