Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '92 Sidekick with the 1.6L 16V. This was the first year that engine was put in the Sidekick for US. My car hesitates upon acceleration when first started, but then runs fine after a couple of minutes. It will not pass California smog. It runs to rich. I took it to get fixed at three garages and no one can find the problem. My check engine light is on, and the DTC reads out a code for EGR malfunction. Has anyone had the same experience? All the garages says there is a wiring electrical problem, but my car runs very efficently. The hesitation seem to lessen if I remove the vacuum tube running from the EGR modulator to the VSV valve. The EGR vavle itself seem to work fine upon visual inspection. Is there some sensor associated with the valve. Please help!!! I love this Sidekick and do not want to get rid of it due to some fault sensor and a smog fail.
Thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
672 Posts
the chamber where the gasses run may be carboned up (heard this was a common problem), involves removing the exhuast manifold and cleaning the passage way all the way to the egr valve in the intake, someone used a speedometer cable to do the job, also, check your oxygen sensor, if that fails or is failing, it can cause a rich mixture problem,

hope this helps,

94box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts