Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would really like to get a used SX4, and there are a few available in my area (Pittsburgh, PA). However, I'm worried about the lack of parts. I can do a lot of my own work, but wasn't sure if there are lots of parts available? Are there dealers that still stock factory only parts? Like if it needed a new rear differential/coupler?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I wouldn't personally be concerned about part availability. I've owned a Saab and now an SX4 (granted only for a couple of months now) and haven't had an issue. Just purchased brake rotors and pads for the front of my 2009 SX4 for a whopping $50 straight from Amazon.

Part of my comfort is in being willing to purchase used parts. I figure, with some exceptions, the parts out there typically last 200k miles or more but there could be a defect in mine which requires throwing a low-mileage salvage part in to keep it ticking.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Sister-in-law just bought a 2012 JLX (Tech) recently based on the flawless experience of my wife's 2011...so I'd have no concern buying a good one. Normal maintenance parts are available everywhere. Parts of concern , based only on reports on this and other SX4 forums, are the side seals of the rear differential and CV joints of the main rear drive shaft(only for AWD models, of course) . Wife's car has received generous anticorrosion undercoats each year , is still low mileage (33000km) , and nothing to report.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts