Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,
I am planning to buy Suzuki XL-7 limited edition and just wondering if any one can give me an advice that how good is this car? I did some research on the internet and everyone is saying it is good 4x4 drive and value of money. Although it is not a breakthrough in 4x4 market but it is value of money and provide all the latest feature. Can someone advice me, is it really good to spend $40000 (Aussie Dollars) on this vehicle and how it's performance and response after 4-5 years. I have another choice in my mind for Toyota Kulger (in Australia) a medium 4x4 (in USA it is called as Toyota highlander). So I am struggling :( between these two vehicle. Toyota Kluger or Highlander is bit costlier ($5K) then Suzuki XL-7 Limited but it also a good 4x4. So if you please provide me your feedback then I can take my decision quite easily . Thanks in advance,

Regards,
Hardy :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey Hardy, Toyota's have a good track record of being reliable vehicles. The Suzuki is by no means a discredit its just not in the same league to compare with the Toyota. If you want a truck frame and conventional 4x4 go with the Suzuki. If you want more like a car like frame and ride go the Toyota (Highlander). If you plan on doing alot of off roading and steep climbs I would rather be in the Suzuki because of it's truck type build. The (Highlander) is more for pavement and light off roading. The Toyota will probably get better gas mileage. It all comes down to whats more important to you. That's one man's opinion.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Originally posted by gfur_zuki@Aug 29 2004, 12:32 AM
Hey Hardy, Toyota's have a good track record of being reliable vehicles. The Suzuki is by no means a discredit its just not in the same league to compare with the Toyota. If you want a truck frame and conventional 4x4 go with the Suzuki. If you want more like a car like frame and ride go the Toyota (Highlander). If you plan on doing alot of off roading and steep climbs I would rather be in the Suzuki because of it's truck type build. The (Highlander) is more for pavement and light off roading. The Toyota will probably get better gas mileage. It all comes down to whats more important to you. That's one man's opinion.
Buy the toyota the biuld quality and after sales MUST be better than a Suzuki,mines the last one I will buy

·
Registered
290 Posts
If you live in the Outback, go for the Suzuki - its a tough off-roader. If you live in the Suburbs and your toughest obstacle is a speed bump - go for the Highlander. The Highlander is really a jacked up Camry / Minivan platform. The Suzuki is a true "truck".

One word of caution - the 3rd row for both cars is really for small kids only.

The Suzuki is tough, the Highlander refined. Zuki takes a beating, the Toy won't wear it as well.

If I were in Australia, I'd get the Holden Adventra - its a more tough off roader based on a car, not a "Faux-by-Four" that just looks and rides like an SUV-- like the Highlander:

http://www.autoweb.com.au/cms/A_2003/article.html

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yeah, the Adventra seems to be a great car and the interior is pretty nice! But if it's between the Suzuki and Highlander, I'd say Suzuki by just a couple of points since Australia has a lot of dirt roads and rough bumps. Good luck on your decision!

·
Registered
197 Posts
Originally posted by poacher@Oct 20 2004, 10:57 AM
Buy the toyota the biuld quality and after sales MUST be better than a Suzuki,mines the last one I will buy
The UK Grand Vitara is much less refined and has a quality buld not up to parwith the UK XL7 because it was designed that way...price-wise and market-wise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man how are u.if u are having an big confussion between toyota and suzuki.I think u should go for suzuki.Reason i will tell u xl-7 has saftey and crash records same to same as mercedes and volvo.second it has won maNy 4 wheel drive tests.and off course the luxiurary interior and cool exterior looks and its engine waymore durable than toyota.this all features will surely make u happy.I know because i also have a xl-7 limited.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've never driven a Kluger, bought my XL-7 in July, very happy with it. The Adventra is just a jacked up gas-guzzling Commodore.
I would prefer the XL-7 to be a bit wider, but it is after all a 4 wheel drive, and they are supposed to be narrow to get down those bush tracks. If you don't want to get an XL-7, I'd go for a Ford Territory.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts