Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured this was the best place to look for advice when purchasing a Samurai. Its an 87 with a coil over lift and 31 inch tires. Soft top and has a 6ft plow. I need a cheap yard truck but need it to run for a while. He want's 900 for it says it runs good, 4wd works good but heat is sub par but he said Sammy's never really had good heat. How r these motors for reliability and do you all think this would be a good lil yard plow truck for me. Thanks for the help

·
Registered
32 Posts
buy it quick. 900 is dirt cheap especially if the coil over was done nicely. A weak heater is an easy fix its probably clogged at the core. he's right though they came with only heater coming out the bottom vents which is strange a lot of people dont notice that until they pay attention to the colors on the dials.

These engines are very reliable in my opinion. Many are weak and need rebuilt but if you're not planning on freeway commuting it wont be a huge deal.

good luck and post of some pics if you get a chance

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome thank you very much for your help, going to pick it up Tuesday I guess. My buddy said they are pretty easy to work on, hope he is right don't need another dead truck in the drive. Haha. Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts