Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear everyone
I need the car for pulling a 1100Kgr boat and taking it out of the port I also need it for travelling with my family..

http://observatory.physics.uoc.gr/Sea.htm

I have a Jimny but if it hadnt the lower gear nothing could be done.

I'm thinking for the Liana (Aerio) 1.6lt engine. Please inform me for the 4X4 system that Aerio uses. It looks like the Honda's HRV (simple viscous coupling)or its electronically controlled like the Land Rover's Freelander, NIssan's X-Trail (viscous coupling + electronic control of the brakes when things go slippy) or uses another more high tech system like subaru's

What is the ground clearance of Aerio. Any off road capabilities?

Has anyone tried it to the sand?

Any problems to this car?

3 normal persons at the back seat???

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by gpat+Sep 5 2004, 11:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gpat @ Sep 5 2004, 11:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>I need the car for pulling a 1100Kgr boat and taking it out of the port I also need it for travelling with my family..[/b]
In North America the Aerio/Liana has not been rated for towing capacity, so I can't specifically help you there, it probably wouldn't help anyway as we have a 2.3l engine so even if it was rated the exact weight may not translate.

That being said ... from what I understand Australia has provided a tow capacity rating at one time or another, I believe it was 1600 but don't recall if that was lbs or kgs. I will do what I can to locate that information for you.

Seeing the picture of your boat though, I'd be concerned. It looks damn big. :D
Originally posted by [email protected] 5 2004, 11:24 PM
I'm thinking for the Liana (Aerio) 1.6lt engine. Please inform me for the 4X4 system that Aerio uses. It looks like the Honda's HRV (simple viscous coupling)or its electronically controlled like the Land Rover's Freelander, NIssan's X-Trail (viscous coupling + electronic control of the brakes when things go slippy) or uses another more high tech system like subaru's

What is the ground clearance of Aerio. Any off road capabilities?
Its a simple viscous coupling much like the early Subaru Legacy's, but not the Subaru Impreza's. It performs very well in snow and ice situations but by no means makes the Aerio offroad worthy. Clearance is not that much different then a typical Civic or Corolla. We're not talking Jeep here.
Has anyone tried it to the sand?
I haven't specifically tried it on sand, I think it would depend on the kind of sand. I wouldn't want to be taking it in the dunes thats for sure.
Any problems to this car?
Cars been pretty good. There have been things that have gone on vehicles but nothing thats effecting more then a couple of people. 2-3 people have reported broken axels. A couple have reported spun bearings in the 2.3l engine. But nothing that 'everyone' is struggling with. The imfamous Dodge Neon engine issues come to mind. Basically there have been complaints of this and that going as is the case with any car, but nothing thats been massively reported. <!--QuoteBegin-gpat
@Sep 5 2004, 11:24 PM
3 normal persons at the back seat???
[/quote]In all honesty, you'll fit, but I wouldn't wanna be driving cross country or anything. The Aerio is narrow, which has as many advantages as disadvantages. Its up to you to determine which are more important. Is ease of parking and navigating through traffic more important then the twice a year you might have to have three people in the rear seats?

·
Registered
56 Posts
I went looking for what the Jimny is rated for. I didn't find anything official, but on one forum someone who sounded like they knew what they were talking about said it was rated for 500kg un-braked. My guess, if you're having trouble with the Jimny, Aerio/Liana may not be the choice for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all of you for the ideas - advises
Here in Greece this car costs about 19000Euros
I can find bigger space in same value cars and concerning the 4X4 its not so important.
Safety is far more important and luxury

Thanks again

1 - 6 of 6 Posts