Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
93 Sami spring over axle lift stock shocks 31" tires
First how much lift is that? 5 r 6"?
I have a lot of body roll will shocks fix this or could leaf springs be worn out?
Shows 150,000 not sure if its right
Where can I get springs and what type of shocks?
Part numbers would be great

·
Registered
278 Posts
All of the questions you have asked can be answer's by doing a little research on this and other Zuke sites. Search: SPOA lift. Long travel shocks . Body roll.
Then if you have no luck , or still have questions come back to this thread.
It will teach you 3 things: 1 - A bit about your rig. 2 - What a proper SPOA is. And 3 - how not to ask a question for the 10,000 th time . Or proper forum etiquette.
I'm not trying to be an a-- here, I'm just tired of spoon feeding info that's readily available.
You're questions are to vague to be answered without tons more info and lots of pics.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I chose NOT to do the spring flip on my Samurai. I have seen so many of them that are more unstable with the axles under the springs. Instead I added 6 inch shackles both front and rear (made my own from steel flat stock 3/8 inch thick), then put Gabriel HiJackers on both front and rear. I get from 3 to 6 inches extra lift just by airing them up. Usually run them at about 40 lbs pressure, but they will hold 200 lbs.

Got the HiJackerts from Amazon.com, front are Chevy Pickup shocks and rear are Chrysler car shocks. Now with them aired up the ride is about like riding down the road on a rough oak board, but it don't weave and wobble. Aired up to over 100 lbs it actually jumps sometimes on road bumps on pavement, why I don't keep them aired up that high.

I used 235/75-15 tires made by Accelera, about 29.5 height and plenty wide for the Samurai. Of course I am not rock crawling per say, all trails here in SE AZ are more like rock crawling on the desert and the mountain trails are usually filled with zigzag washouts that make one feel like being flipped in a skillet, but lots of fun.

Happy Four Wheeling.
:cool::)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts