Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2003 Aerio SX AWD. Can't find shocks for this car. Would like to replace stock shocks. Called KONI, Etc. I have read that Remus exhaust would have to be welded on and installing a new stainless pipe from cat back to Remus is the way to go. Any advise? Thank You!

·
Registered
56 Posts
PARKWAY ... Welcome.

The only 'true' Suzuki Aerio struts I'm aware of is the set from Suzuki Sport in Japan. But good luck getting your hands on some. If I understand correctly they just recently removed them from the website, so they're even harder to find. Even when they were on the site they were insanely expensive.

Now to unconfirmed rumors ...

Word is that the Suzuki Aerio shares suspension components with the 'Esteem/Baleno'. Don't take my word for it, thats just what I hear. There's been some talk that the 'Esteem/Baleno' struts and strut inserts from Koni and KYB 'should' fit.

Don't take my word for it, do your research before you go dumping money into them. My concern would be weight differences between the Aerio and Esteem, mind you how big a difference could it make?

Are you still running factory springs?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by PARKWAY@Aug 30 2004, 04:22 PM
2003 Aerio SX AWD. Can't find shocks for this car. Would like to replace stock shocks. Called KONI, Etc. I have read that Remus exhaust would have to be welded on and installing a new stainless pipe from cat back to Remus is the way to go. Any advise? Thank You!
I want to keep the factory springs unless there is a stiffer spring that wont lower the car. Thank you for the info.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by PARKWAY@Sep 1 2004, 01:42 AM
I want to keep the factory springs unless there is a stiffer spring that wont lower the car. Thank you for the info.
The Holy Grail at this point, surprising how many people want the stiffer springs but don't want such a significant drop. The smallest drop I've seen advertised I believe are the B+G springs at 1.4/1.4. Having the Progress springs myself, the drop is significant. Personally I think .7 to .8 drop would be desirable. The Progresses just drop too much for a Winter climate.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Originally posted by 5150@Aug 31 2004, 11:49 PM
Now to unconfirmed rumors ...

Word is that the Suzuki Aerio shares suspension components with the 'Esteem/Baleno'. Don't take my word for it, thats just what I hear. There's been some talk that the 'Esteem/Baleno' struts and strut inserts from Koni and KYB 'should' fit.
UPDATE:
A community member has contacted Koni and Koni advises the Esteem/Baleno strut inserts will not fit the Aerio struts. No details beyond that I'm afraid. :angry:

·
Registered
8 Posts
I was looking at some lowering springs yesterday on e-bay, and they wanted $221.00 plus $50.00 s&h for a 1.6 inch drop at a harder compression. I found a couple of different sites with springs at a 1.4 inch drop, but all were way expensive. If you do want stiffer springs, get ones that lower your car, then get 17 inch rims and performance tires to make up for the height loss. It will make a lot of difference. I have the original stock rims on my 04 Aerio LS, (15 inch chrome's) and I put a tire that is 10mm wider on and they fit just fine. I have VERY improved handeling, and I can only squeak second gear instead of burning through it now. I also found I can whip turns without slipping too much. I had my tires sipped because I live in Olympia, WA, and I need the wet brake ability, so I am sure that has cut down on my traction on dry tires a bit, but Kuhmo makes a deacently priced Ecsta Supra"s (205/50R15). But this size seems to fit great on their stock rims.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Eibach produces their Proline springs with a 1.2 " drop, and they sell for about the amount of money you found on-line. I recommend that you try a company called Suzuki Speed at www.suzukispeed.com. Not only do they have the springs, but they have rear sway bars for both FWD and AWD cars and poly bushings for the front.

For people looking for more performance mods, try another forum - www.aeriostyle.com

:thumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts