Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son took the Samurai out today for some mild off road fun. The front left lower shock mount came off. The Bozo we bought it from welded the lift kit and shock mounts himself. I guess he must have used one of those $90 Harbor Freight welding machines or the guy does not know how to weld. Actually, it is probably both. :mad: Everything the prior owner has done was Mickey Mouse work at best.

Going to grind off the welds on the right side to have both properly welded back on.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
In my 3 weeks of Sammy ownership, I have managed to collect my own "prior owner" stories:mad:

We could probably have one hell of a thread on this topic--but it wouldn't make the most pleasant reading.

At least, people who care enough to post here are probably keeping the "fleet" in good condition--certainly in better condition than they inherited their Sammys.

Bruce

·
Registered
149 Posts
my samurai was put together by a local jeep shop for a magazine and looked great BUT was totally messed up. Lockers were put in wrong and the pins were broken in the rear, front had wrong side gears. Suspension was installed wrong and had about 2" of travel then the shocks hit the frame. Winch was bolted on with 2 of the 4 bolts..... just put together to look pretty for the magazine but totally messed up.

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
My son took the Samurai out today for some mild off road fun. The front left lower shock mount came off.
Looks like the welds broke... Yup, not enough heat applied for a constant bead. Those are original Petroworks front shock mounts. Just grind off the old slag and weld them up correctly. Loks to be in good condition, just a little surface rust. They work well if they are welded on right.

Those were the first ones I used many, many years ago.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
I will never sell my samurai. I don't want to come on one of these boards and hear all the disparaging remarks someone will be posting about my mechanical ineptitude! :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts