Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to know if this was a good price. STS quoted me a price for shock absorbers because they are rusted. To replace the 2 rear shock absorbers is $116 and the labor is $105 with a total of $221.00 for the whole thing. Is this a good price?

·
Super Moderator
20,011 Posts
We don't know where you are located as to labor rates, but if you get a 2nd estimate you can compare. Try a "chain" Brake Shop.

And just because they are currently rusty doesn't mean they need replacement if there is no evidence of oil leakage or ride degradation (bouncing rear). ;)

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just wanted to know if this was a good price. STS quoted me a price for shock absorbers because they are rusted. To replace the 2 rear shock absorbers is $116 and the labor is $105 with a total of $221.00 for the whole thing. Is this a good price?
Not a good price! Try to find a shop somewhere that will agree to let you supply the parts...some of the smaller shops might agree to this if they are light on work. Then, go to rockauto.com and use this coupon code to get 5% off: 1962318417279455

Or go to advanceautoparts.com and use this coupon code to get 15% off your order: JR26

The parts cost should be around 50 or 60 bucks if you get the basic shocks and then find a small shop somewhere to put them on!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.