Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
07 Forenza Wagon
51,000 + miles

For the past 3 winters (PA), every once in a while, when it's real cold, the shifter gets stuck in park. The other day when it was -2 degrees the shifter got stuck in Park and I gave it the usual "hard" pull. When it broke loose, the car would not go (as in drive on the road) not go. The engine was running, but no matter what gear I put it in...NO GO. The engine would not rev either.

Had it towed to the dealer and the MAP sensor was the problem.
I was told that the shifter and the MAP sensor were not connected in any way.

Question: Has this happened to any one else?

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
hi. first of all the map sensor and the shifter are not connected in any way. the map sensor is on the intake manifold and the shifter runs to the transmission. i couldnt really tell you what happened to your shifter. maybe the transmission range sensor got frozen from the cold and you had to brake it loose. maybe the cable froze up. i guess you could try to grease or lube the cable see if that helps. just try and get some lube in between the cable and the cable cover where it attaches on the transmission.maybe spray some wd40? this might help to keep it moving smoothly if thats the problem. its possible moisture gets in there then freezes. if it doesn't happen often i wouldn't worry about it just be gentle when it does.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.