Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am considering to buy skid plates for my 2002 XL-7 to protect front diff, engine sump, gearbox and transfer case. So far the products branded “Sheriff” seem interesting, and a question I asked the company selling these products was answered promptly.

Given the brand name I automatically assumed this is an American made product, but a bit of googling revealed that the manufacturer is a Russian company located in St. Petersburg.

Is this brand sold in North America, and if so, can anyone confirm if the skid plates are of a decent quality, and whether they fit properly without modifications?

Thanks!

·
Registered
210 Posts
The steel one I took from my old 99 Chevy Tracker, fit the 2002 XL-7 perfectly... maybe check with a few wreckers? (actually the stock skid plate was a pretty solid kit)

Martin

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but I don’t think Suzuki offered skid plates as an option in The Netherlands. It’s quite hard to find untarmacced roads in these parts ...

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
Thanks, but I don’t think Suzuki offered skid plates as an option in The Netherlands. It’s quite hard to find untarmacced roads in these parts ...
Are those the roads that are under water?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Now you’re pulling my leg :) No, those roads are in countries where I wouldn’t visit wreckers because I do not speak their language.
Not really much need for a skid plate in Holland when the biggest risk is plowing into a big block of Gouda Cheese? (My Wife is Dutch (y))

Seriously, The mount points no doubt are already in place on your XL7, ( 2x main cross member and 2x front cross member), Might have been an option in Spain, France, UK, or even Germany?

Like I said, the stock option is really very durable.

Then agin... in Canada I fit my BEW Jetta Wagon with skid plate just to deal with pot hole risks ;-)

Good luck

Martin

·
Registered
7,782 Posts
At least you own a Suzuki and not a Beemster

Let's see who gets that cheesy joke

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
At least you own a Suzuki and not a Beemster

Let's see who gets that cheesy joke
Personally I like both Beemers and Beemster, or any other cheese for that matter. I’m sure I have owned Beemsters in the past, but never for more than a few days.

Oops, another cheesy joke ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Seriously, The mount points no doubt are already in place on your XL7, ( 2x main cross member and 2x front cross member), Might have been an option in Spain, France, UK, or even Germany?

Like I said, the stock option is really very durable.

Then agin... in Canada I fit my BEW Jetta Wagon with skid plate just to deal with pot hole risks ;-)

Good luck

Martin
Yep, the mounting points are there. No idea to be honest whether Suzuki sold the skid plates in nearby countries.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts