Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having a problem that seems to come and go. Whenever I am pushing the accelerator a little bit in my car tends to shake from front to back. The engine sounds fine but it almost seems to either be something with the transmission or possibly my engine mounts... If you were at 3500 rpm and you let off the gas but didn't clutch in and then pressed back on the gas there is that little shake that happens, almost like a faulter or something... That is what happens with my car but a lot more than normal... My car does have 40,000mi on it and I still haven't changed the transmission oil, which I know is probably pretty bad and I plan on doing it in the next week or so... But I am just not sure what could be the cause of the bad engine shake...

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
it might be as simple as you droping the rpms below the gear, and you need to downshift. thats what it sounds like to me anyway

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I never go below 2000rpm unless I have clutched in, so I don't think it's that

Actually I think it might be my clutch sensor... It was going bad on me last summer and when I went to get it taken care of at the Zuki dealership they of course didn't have the part in stock so they had to order it... Long story short they temp. fixed the sensor so my car would start, and were going to call me when the part came in... The dealership closed and they never called... I never got it fixed because i forgot about it... So I think that might be it...

·
Registered
511 Posts
I have this problem too... and it does feel like a bad motor mount or something.. I dunnoo? something just doesnt feel right.. But notice if you go over a rail road trak while its doing it you really dont feel it like the bumps cancel the shake out,. weird.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I discovered mine is actually a result of some corroded spark plugs, which was creating some misfiring/lack of constant throttle... so I cleaned them with an emery cloth. That helped but I am going to get new plugs and leads...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Well thats an easy fix, wonder if thats what mine could be? Did you get a check engine light for this? Mine is on now for my thermostat but ya.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts