Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all.

I'm planning on doing a shackle lift for my 93 samu.

Here are the details:
front: Isuzu supercarry / multicab leaf springs (2" higher than stock) + 5" shackles
rear: stock samu leaf springs + 8" shackles
shocks: 22 inches

Should I be expecting any steering & hi-way related wobble problems with this setup? How can I correct them if any?

Thanks!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't like shackle lifts...especially on the front. The longer the shackle the more lateral force on the eye bolts. Plus in the front the steering pivot point will no longer be perfectly horizontal the ground....this will cause wandering.

A small (2") shackle in the rear is acceptable mainly because no steering issues and it will help with your driveshaft pinion angle. Just use polyurethane bushings.

I advise save more money and do it with quality springs.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I did a 2" heavy duty shackle front and rear on Zombie Patrol, resulting in just 1" of overall lift. I also gained some height with the 235 x 75 x 15 Goodyears I put on it. I just raised it enough to allow for tire clearance and haven't noticed any issues. Sounds like you want to go big, however.

Here is what the 2" shackles look like installed on Zombie Patrol:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Great ride dustin! :)

Yes, I want to eventually turn this into a swamp master. No races, just pure crawling and mud fun on 32s.

Any bigger and I'd have to dedicate that ride to full off-road use. Hehe. :p

1 - 4 of 4 Posts