Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there, i am running a few codes as of late, getting a frustrating bug as a result, accelerating up hill aggressively the gas cuts out, refuses to be supplied until i take my foot off of the pedal and reapply pressure...

the codes are
P1408 - EGR
P0335 - CPS
P0122 - TPS
P0121 - TPS
P0451 - EVAP

it all seems air/throttle/gas related... but i don't know. i don't want to have to go to a mechanic.

to clarify, the TPS code is a result of a lack of voltage being sent to that sensor, it isn't because of improper calibration, it just only is getting 4.75v and i can't get it anymore voltage than that... which i can not figure out the source of, the battery is fine and i haven't seen any messed up wires, i already replaced the TPS as i had thought it failed.

everything else is beyond me.
someone mentioned maybe a problem with the ECU? but never gave advice on how to go about determining whether or not that is true.

·
Registered
8,426 Posts
My apology that you felt offended enough to have my reply removed..

It still holds that if you apply any BAT power to the sensor circuits you will feel the pain $$$..

Regards, Philip

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
what year and model please.

All these codes have a common cause, low sense volts, or shorted to ground. check all connections, especially the small ground connections on the engine and body. I have also seen corroded connections in the ECU connectors that supply sensor reference voltage as well. Rubbed wires inside the loom from the engine to the ECU are common as well.

TPS, 4.75 is about what it should be at the sensor, its the sense return to the ECU that you need to check AT THE ECU. Bad connections or rubbed wires causing intermittent shorts or open circuits will cause all the codes you are seeing.

I would suggest you check WOT voltage on ref and sense lines on the TPS they should be the same, and check there is about 0.5V on the sense with 4.5 or greater on supply line at idle position.

same with P0335, either sense shorted to reference or to ground, pulse trail missing at ECU.

check your connections.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts