Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I also have a lot more manuals uploaded now, primarily for the Vitara but they also mostly apply to US models prior to 1996. I'm gradually uploading my full collection.
Rhinoman's Suzuki Service Manuals

Additionally:
All wiring schematics for a 1996 Suzuki Sidekick here. It's a PDF file with 46 pages of wiring diagrams. Should be similar for all years and models: Bex
http://thassos4x4.gr/com_downloads/download.html?id=11

An extensive list of OE new, aftermarket and used part sources are listed here: Max
FAQ's (Frequently Asked Questions) on Parts...

Last up-date 1/30/21: Max

Reactions: Bear95 and uchu

·
Super Moderator
18,782 Posts
I've attempted to smooth out this thread by consolidating the many scattered posts, eliminating dead links and removing any "fluff" comments in order to better have this section serve as a reference library.

If anyone has new links for addition, finds old / dead / duplicated links exist, or has any other input that would improve this thread...post (or PM me or Mod Bex) your thoughts.

A special thanks to Rhinoman, Bex, ORF-Tracker, Ack, Nicolainucleon and others for their contributions to date.

Max

·
Registered
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i guess you discovered that G16B is not always 16v like in Europe. ?

In Europe G16B is always 16V, G16A may be a 8V or 16V.

·
Super Moderator
25,040 Posts
Realfixesrealfast.com has a great tutorial on all circuits, switched grounds, etc., done in video, if you head over to their site. Some great stuff there.
Home

This is an excellent post on the considered 'impossible' tach swap, which I thought might be good here (so it can be found again).
Tachometer Swap 93 to 92

·
Super Moderator
25,040 Posts
ECU wiring diagrams all years

Some excellent ECU wiring diagrams, with thanks to J Benoit for uploading these on to the internet.

For 1991-1995 (OBD1) 8v engines (note that much of this will be the same for 1989/1990, with the exception of ECU involvement with the distributor:

For 1991-1995 (OBD1) 16v engines:

For 1996-1998 (OBD2) 16v engines:

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Ebay price for me would be around 42.00 whereas Rock auto price was cheaper @20.00 after I bought from my local auto parts store for close to 70.00

·
Registered
288 Posts
Following un-popular demand at the forum :), here is the stock vacuum lines routing around the carb of a Mikuni equiped Vitara.
Quite easy to get them wrong, so hope it can be helpful for some, specially if you are replacing all lines with 4mm ID tubes like I did.
Worth noting that each time you take off the air filter bottom case, you need to unplug the free line in the first pic, the one that has the orange color valve goes to the hot air control thermostat valve....and of course remember to re-attach once you are done.... easy to miss that.
Moderator, you are welcome to pin this

Reactions: Roont

·
Super Moderator
25,040 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to do this.

Reactions: Bear95

·
Registered
'91 Tracker (CAMI) 1.6-8v, 5spd-4WD
538 Posts
Yeah, Turbo....surely your efforts will be of great help to those running that model with a carbureted engine.
Clarity and great angles speak volumes!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Talking about carbs, there is great info in a spanish forum i'm in. for whoever needs to dig deeper into the carb, this is the best link I've seen to taking it apart and back together, just copy paste it into translate.google.com

vitaras have a big following in spain as for many years the local Santana factory made them under suzuki license.

google doesnt quite know what to do with the word brico.. in spain it means DIY...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Talking about carbs, there is great info in a spanish forum i'm in. for whoever needs to dig deeper into the carb, this is the best link I've seen to taking it apart and back together, just copy paste it into translate.google.com

vitaras have a big following in spain as for many years the local Santana factory made them under suzuki license.

google doesnt quite know what to do with the word brico.. in spain it means DIY...
I have a well travelled Santana built model, with a interesting history , UK models did not have special order and a UK client wanted a special order spec in 1995 body, She knew a UK dealer who could source one from spain to her spec and had it shipped direct from factory to UK dealer and moved to Africa , she passed a short time after and the car sat from this point on, I got the car in 2005'ish with fuel pump issues and only 60,000 miles on the clock and have owned it ever since. It still in very good condition and if my summer fun car now (was my Dailey and never let me down). It's a 16V efi obd1 1995 model. Happy to provide pictures of the labels (still has all factory labels under hood), factory Rhino logo , original factory build sheet showing it called "Suzuki Rhino Fat boy".
To me this is a car i'll never sell, just enjoy.

darkspr1te
aka grimreefer

Reactions: ArroyoRat

·
Super Moderator
25,040 Posts
I have a well travelled Santana built model, with a interesting history , UK models did not have special order and a UK client wanted a special order spec in 1995 body, She knew a UK dealer who could source one from spain to her spec and had it shipped direct from factory to UK dealer and moved to Africa , she passed a short time after and the car sat from this point on, I got the car in 2005'ish with fuel pump issues and only 60,000 miles on the clock and have owned it ever since. It still in very good condition and if my summer fun car now (was my Dailey and never let me down). It's a 16V efi obd1 1995 model. Happy to provide pictures of the labels (still has all factory labels under hood), factory Rhino logo , original factory build sheet showing it called "Suzuki Rhino Fat boy".
To me this is a car i'll never sell, just enjoy.

darkspr1te
aka grimreefer
US posters are always asking about Fat Boy models. Pics of your car, labels, etc., would be interesting to see.

·
Registered
144 Posts
US posters are always asking about Fat Boy models. Pics of your car, labels, etc., would be interesting to see.
I'll create a new thread as not to fill this one up. I currently dont have the fenders on as they were under going repairs in prep for new lift kit and tires, 255/60 R16 is impossible to find here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts