Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Thanks PaulD, that's what I'm hoping. The Suzuki dealer advised, after checking with a technician, that the magnetic clutch pulley would be in the way. I'm not taking that as gospel so until I hear otherwise I'm planning on trying to fit a shorter belt when I put on the winter wheels in a couple of weeks time.
I agree there isn't a Suzuki belt, its just that they charge x3 the cost of one from NAPA :)
I'm having a "Suzuki" inner tie rod fitted this week, they even sell the lock nut for the outer tie rod end as a separate piece. Again the cost is three times the price of an after market one but they won't allow me to supply the part.
Thanks for your input - much appreciated.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Suzuki dealer advised, after checking with a technician, that the magnetic clutch pulley would be in the way. I'm not taking that as gospel so until I hear otherwise I'm planning on trying to fit a shorter belt when I put on the winter wheels in a couple of weeks time.
I agree there isn't a Suzuki belt, its just that they charge x3 the cost of one from NAPA :)
Looking at the manual again it looks like they may be right. The back of the belt may touch the AC pulley.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Yes, it's going to be hit and miss from looking at the diagram and the longest distance between pulleys so some play/flex likely in the belt just where the magnetic clutch pulley is. I won't know for sure until I try it and for $20 its worth a shot - beats replacing bearings in the compressor when it doesn't work :D
I was hoping someone on the forum had tried it or a mechanic could advise from experience.
Cheers :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is no such thing as an "honest dealer". Occasionally, you find one that is not as crooked as the others but an "honest dealer", sorry, NEVER.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts