Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some useless information but alluding to the fact that an Ignis bought a few years back was a good financial buy!.
I've noticed over the last few months the huge hike in sales prices of used Ignis cars. I've plotted below trade asking prices of 2017 registration Ignises last week on Ebay and Autotrader against mileage. I've selected the manual SZ-T model since this has the most data points. The majority of the cars are 17 reg, two are 67 reg and three are 66 reg. Obviously theres a lot of spread in the data and the line through the points represents the best fit.
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Plot

Very low mileage cars are selling for around the price new around 5 years ago! Even 40 k mile examples are selling within £2000 of new price in 2017 - incredibly good! Even highish mileage examples (60 - 70 K miles) are selling for over £8K!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
There are 16 cars like my 2018 SZ5 2WD Manual - which cost me list price - £13,149 (including the standard "£2,000 off" offer at the time) and which is currently on about 12,500 miles.

Prices at Autotrader range from £11,000 (34,029 miles) to £13,499 (15,921 miles).

Closest in mileage terms is a red one (which would have been £12,499) on at £12,395 (12,292 miles).

Certainly buying outright was a good decision rather than PCP!

·
Registered
18 Posts
We buy any car offered £11000 for my 2017 sz5 ags with 40,000 miles, nearly 2 grand more than I paid for it. Trouble is I love it and would need to replace it and then you end up paying over the odds for another car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
in Oz here, I bought my MY16 Ignis in 2018 new demo, paid AUD 16k for it, now a new one is around 24k now.
That's inflation for you.

With the fuel prices and people slowly realise that the huge interior cabin space for both rows, this car is in demand.
Also, I think there are more of them available, and not much of the supply issues.

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki Ignis Hybrid HZ
4 Posts
We paid NZD $16000 for my wife’s ignis mint condition 2016 JDM hybrid all grip and all safety features a few months back it has done 30k kms.
With the price of petrol since then I’m sure the value of these will continue to hold.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Do you get lots of JDM imports in Australia and New Zealand? I've only seen one once on Autotrader in the UK
in NZ, they are allowed and import many second-hand Japanese cars. the Kiwis are spoilt for choice. Most of the Kiwis drive second-hand cars from Japan.

in Australia, we are only allowed to import from Japan / overseas for the below reasons :
1. for mobility
2. if it is a caravan.
3. If you have owned it overseas, and you are moving to oz.
4. If it is a truly unique vehicle

So, in general, you cannot import normal cars from Japan.
So you can only get the Ignis via official channels. We are grateful that Suzuki Australia brings in the Ignis from Japan. They tend to bring Suzuki cars from India and Indonesia in the past, which has impacted their brand image in Australia.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Id argue the "most" comment. October to Dec 2021 just over 1100 imports, 800 from Japan, rest were Europe and other countries vs 2700 new vehicles.

Yes we get imports, and believe it or not, the majority are automatic because the UK snap up the manual transmission ones. For some reason, poms don't like automatic cars..go figure.

Reactions: gloucester

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
in Australia, we are only allowed to import from Japan / overseas for the below reasons :
1. for mobility
2. if it is a caravan.
3. If you have owned it overseas, and you are moving to oz.
4. If it is a truly unique vehicle
This to protect the Australian car manufacturing industry, but if there is no Australian car manufacturing industry left, then it is to protect developing third world nations like Japan, China and Korea.

I'm glad I didn't vote for the idiots running this country, but am still loosing because of them!

·
Registered
2016 Suzuki Ignis Hybrid HZ
4 Posts
Do you get lots of JDM imports in Australia and New Zealand? I've only seen one once on Autotrader in the UK
I don’t know the stats but possibly quality used JDM’s outsell new cars in NZ. Toyota closed its assembly here maybe 30 years ago and JDM’s have been allowed since then. In the early days there was rampant issues with wound back odometers of cars coming over but that issues has been well sorted now with stringent checks before complance to register on our roads.
It is hard to find a Manual JDM here they are few and far between.

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
I don’t know the stats but possibly quality used JDM’s outsell new cars in NZ. Toyota closed its assembly here maybe 30 years ago and JDM’s have been allowed since then. In the early days there was rampant issues with wound back odometers of cars coming over but that issues has been well sorted now with stringent checks before complance to register on our roads.
It is hard to find a Manual JDM here they are few and far between.
See post #9, quarterly registration statistics are available from the LTSA, new cars outsell imports

Reactions: Wombus

·
Registered
17 Posts
in NZ, they are allowed and import many second-hand Japanese cars. the Kiwis are spoilt for choice. Most of the Kiwis drive second-hand cars from Japan.
The first two claims in this statement are true. The last is not. The last time I owned an ex-JDM car was in the 1990's.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts