Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in selling my Swift, a car that I love but don't have much of a need for. I bought it new in 1992, and it's primarily been used for short commutes to work over the years. The odometer reads all of 74,823 after 22 years. Car's in great shape, with no significant body damage anywhere; similarly, the interior has held up well. Brakes new in 2009.

I'm posting here because I know my car is an excellent little machine, with a lot going for it in spite of its years. I'm hoping some nostalgic Swift GT fans might offer some advice as to value and maybe even where I might tap into a more favourable buyers crowd than just putting it up on Craigs List? I know these GT models have a certain following, which I can certainly relate to.

Thanks!

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you in fact sell that car with fuel prices going like they are -

I HAVE NO SYMPATHY FOR YOU!

~ You have no idea what you have got...

You should KEEP IT!

Only a total fool would sell a car like one of these. It rivals the VW Beetle as one of the best low buck transpo units you could possibly have.

Before long it won't be about what it is worth - but what it can do

The only more preferable version might be a diesel - but I know of none

The true value of it in the face of rising fuel costs is inestimable, and you will never get what it is truly worth.

My best advice is DON'T SELL

~It took me a long time to find mine, and I am not about to let anyone else have it at any price.

Think about the BMW Isetta, and Messerschmitt Kabinnenroller cars. Anyone who has one is not going to let go of one of them.
But what you have is up to date.

If you are a fool now - you will regret it later

DEEPLY

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I joined a car cooperative, which is much cheaper than paying insurance for a car that's never driven. That, and the fact that the battery always dies for the same reason (most recent battery went in in Jan2012 and is already dead after sitting in the underground for more than a year).

I appreciate your advice, though!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Well, I joined a car cooperative, which is much cheaper than paying insurance for a car that's never driven. That, and the fact that the battery always dies for the same reason (most recent battery went in in Jan2012 and is already dead after sitting in the underground for more than a year).

I appreciate your advice, though!
Do this, if nothing else: Store it up against the day when you need it again

I imagine you shall be glad of that foresight.

*It need not be registered or insured in the meantime:)

1) take the battery out
2) Set it up on blocks to save the tires

~ If you have a relative who will let you leave it at their home it is a good investment.

YOU WILL NEVER GET THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE OUT OF IT - but it may well be worth far more to you later.

I once told this to a young man, I gave an aluminum Mexican PESO piece to him, the value of which was a fraction of ONE CENT in US currency.

The reason I did so was because even though as MONEY it was worth far less than one cent - in terms of historical and other significance, it was a thing that might never be seen again .

As such, it proved that at times the value of a thing is not truly apparent, the RARITY of such a thing is what makes it even more to be treasured....

So then the fair market value of ANYTHING has a totally different meaning when we truly look at WHAT IT IS...

That is the lesson of the Mexican Peso

You have a car the like of which may never be seen again.

Will you keep it?

Or throw it away...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts