Suzuki Forums banner

Seeking JA11 Specs - Gear/Axle/TC

7K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  fordem 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there is a link to tech specs for the turbo triple JA11; specifically, I'm looking for the trans, TC and axle ratios. Or, if someone has them memorized that would be helpful too, lol! Thank you!

#2 ·
Diffs ratio are exact same as same year samurai. Tranny and transfer case are not. Only things you can use for tranny from samurai are the stick shifter and it’s accessories. For your motor, message me your email, I have a bunch of manuals that will save your life for the engine. I also have the English parts breakdown manual for the JA11.

#3 ·
Aloha,

Thanks again for your help!; I will PM you with my email address as I would very much appreciate the manual info.

After digging around I found the following website:

Specifications

...which has a nice summary chart. If the information under Column 13 (JA11) is indeed accurate and you do the math, that is one nice crawl ratio in 1st Gear Lo of ((4.063 1st)*(2.511 tc)*(5.125 axle ratio)) or 52 : 1.

#6 ·
Zuki671 was last logged on here Feb 12 2018.
good luck getting a response i'm afraid, its probably not going to happen.

#10 ·
Can you email me those manuals too? I'd be in debt to you [emoji38]. I have 1988 samurai and just got it. Easy and fun to work on. Thanks,
Manuals for a three cylinder JA11 will be of very little use to you if you have a 98 Samurai - google Ack's FAQ - you should find everything you need there.

#14 ·
The gearing is significantly different, as well. They use 5.13 R&Ps with a 1.58/2.51 Hi/Low reduction, as opposed to the 3.73 and 1.409/2.268 found in the Samurai.
Taken from ...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.