Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a lead on replacement front seat tracks for 97 Tracker 2 door? Outer seat tracks are rusted really badly. I believe they are Suzuki parts #8683056B00, 8663056B00- hard to make sense of these diagrams.$144 on ebay each plus shipping. Looking for cheaper or used.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The new stock parts say 96-98 compatible. A lot of design changes were made then, but I have seen 96s with the same seats so I believe that is the transition year for these seats.

·
Registered
1991 Hardtop 3-door Tracker 1.6L 4WD 5-Speed No A/C
931 Posts
Suzuki made a lot of changes to the seats over the years, but that does not necessarily mean that the tracks were changed -- or that they were changed so much that they are not swapable/modifiable.

I was recently able the swap out my original center console from my '91 for a much larger and better one from a '98(?). Completely different item, but it is much more usable -- hsa TWO cup holders -- and only required a tiny modification to fit, since it was designed to fit between the '98 seats.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Suzuki made a lot of changes to the seats over the years, but that does not necessarily mean that the tracks were changed -- or that they were changed so much that they are not swapable/modifiable.
True. Sight unseen I cannot judge. There really are no Trackers in junkyards around here but I will look on Facebook marketplace. There is a nice junkyard in Toledo Ohio that I have gotten some odd stuff from too. Might have to weld up the old ones. Just hoping someone has some to sell.

·
Registered
931 Posts
There are also on-line junkyard hubs/clearinghouses where you can send out your request around the country. I've had good luck in the past finding odd parts at good prices. You might find an unknown junkyard in your neck of the woods.

·
Super Moderator
26,530 Posts
Just hoping someone has some to sell.
This forum has a classified area in the main menu, where you can post what you’re looking for, and/or hopefully find someone who might be selling theirs.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did do that Bex. I was hoping for new but even with a coupon on Megazip they would be over $200. Too many other things are needed. I reached out to some junkyards. The first one told me the listing they had on the car parts search site was 7000 days old. So I guess none of that stuff is up to date. But I did get a list of junkyards that supposedly have Trackers with those seats, even though I just need the tracks. Tracker seats seem to really hold up. All these old Trackers have nice seats in them and my Jeep seats are ripped and torn by comparison. But the floor door area is a low spot and the tracks get pretty rusty. Fabulous fabric and rusty metal. But I don't really want to launch in case of an accident so I would like solid tracks.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I did get a list of junkyards that supposedly have Trackers
WOW!!! If you care to share, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Perhaps that would be a good GROUP project -- creating a list of junkyards known to be TRACKICK FRIENDLY.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW!!! If you care to share, I'm sure I'm not the only one interested.

Well it is not that exciting. And not up to date. But it gives contact info and you can look up by specific parts. There was another website I was using that charged a fee to do a part search. This one is free but you do the calling or chat. I found a Mitsubishi part in Toledo that I had lost all hope for until I got this website. For those in the states who might be interested:

·
Super Moderator
26,530 Posts
Just curious if you’ve happened to look at your front floor boards, under the carpet. I wonder how the tracks get rusty but for flooring is ok. That being said, my front floor pan did have areas of rust, but the tracks were ok. ???

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just curious if you’ve happened to look at your front floor boards, under the carpet. I wonder how the tracks get rusty but for flooring is ok. That being said, my front floor pan did have areas of rust, but the tracks were ok. ???
The floor pan was less than desireable. Suzuki and their thin metal floor pans- of course it was rusted away. But the vehicle is being repaired and the floor pan is all patched up and ready for seats. The tracks are rusty as expected and grinding the rust off revealed some pretty thin metal left to work with, but I will weld it and fix it up if I must. I remember years ago they got harder and harder to slide- lubed them a few times but did not worry much about it because it was old and being taken off the road. Now it is back for renewal. Got a hard top this time too to help keep the snow out. The doors began to sag with age and had a bit of a gap with the soft top, though I did use weatherstripping to control that. Those door pins are next on the list. It has never seen a garage. It had a hard life. 14 years of working on the road, driving the family, driving to school in the snow belt. It was a beast that took a lot of punishment. I can't complain. It is a stick!

·
Registered
89' 2 door Sidekick 5 speed 1.6L
35 Posts
Stay away from grinding and invest in a cheap sandblasting gun. I found a box and gun for $50. If I need to do anything bigger than the box holds I just fill a bucket with media and use cardboard to shield anything around it. Saves a ton of time and will leave more material to work with than a grinder.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Stay away from grinding and invest in a cheap sandblasting gun. I found a box and gun for $50. If I need to do anything bigger than the box holds I just fill a bucket with media and use cardboard to shield anything around it. Saves a ton of time and will leave more material to work with than a grinder.
Yes I was planning on sandblasting. The thing was so jammed up I wanted to try and get it apart before doing anything with sand and so I just kept going once I got started.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts