Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I am from the USA and have a 1989 Geo Tracker, 1.6, 8 valve, 4x4 soft top with a manual transmission, built in Japan. Having a problem with a high idle, it's a worn out seat/rubber gasket for the throttle body idle speed control actuator. I can't find one anywhere and am hoping someone knows where I can get one (or more). The GM part number is 96057986.

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
Welcome to the forum. My first suggestion is to advise you that you are actually driving a 1989 rebadged Suzuki Sidekick. Sidekicks are far better supported that Geo, so for whatever parts you are looking for, look for Suzuki. The parts catalog is here:
https://catalogs.ssg.asia/suzuki/?lang=en#bWFya2V0SWQ9PXx8c3Q9PTQwfHxzdHM9PXsiMTAiOiJNYXJrZXQiLCIyMCI6IkFsbCBSZWdpb25zIiwiMzAiOiJWaXRhcmEgXC8gU2lkZWtpY2siLCI0MCI6IlNFNDE2IChFMDMsRTMzOk1ZIDE5ODkpIn18fG1vZGVsSWQ9PTJ8fGVxdWlwbWVudElkPT0xODgzOHx8cG9zRmlsdGVyPT1ZRUFSLzg5IE1PREVM
Find the Suzuki part number you need, and search that way. Just in case you lose the page, note that you are driving an SE416 vehicle, and your market in the above catalog is E03 (USA). You have a very early vehicle - most were built in Canada afterward, but the catalog should indicate ‘product of Japan’ under various parts that you might need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the information on my vehicle and the link to a parts outlet. Hope I can locate the gasket as it would not be easy making one.

Thank you once again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts