Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The FSM recommends using sealing compound CEMEDINE 366E for when you replace the steering knuckle oil seal and also when working on the 4x4 front hub. Can anyone tell me what a good equivalent is and where to buy it? Also which is the best grease for packing wheel bearings?
Thanks!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Billjohn. What do you use for the sealing compound when replacing the steering knuckle seal?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Thanks Billjohn. What do you use for the sealing compound when replacing the steering knuckle seal?
If you mean the rubber seal and felt that goes on the back of the knuckle, I hit the lip of hte seal with the grease mentioned above. Remember that the seal moves back and forth over the knuckle as you turn the wheel, to you don't want anything that will try to 'glue' it in place.
I do suggest that you wet sand the knuckle with a veeeery fine grit if you feel any ridges or rust. It needs to stay smooth to extend the life of the seal.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it is the seal at the back, the one secured in place by the eight small bolts. I believe it is a dust/dirt seal. Thanks for the info, I will use the grease you suggested and also try wet sand the knuckle.
Thanks for the help!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts