21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Sweet... Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In the UK the SZ5 comes with the navigation (and SD card) included but the SZT does not - it is provided at extra cost. And I believe that the SZ3 does not have the multimedia unit at all. I’m sure that someone will correct me if I’m wrong!
That's changed since we bought our Vitara SZ-T as it came with the SD card.

·
Registered
71 Posts
That's changed since we bought our Vitara SZ-T as it came with the SD card.
Sorry, should have said it is a 2020 plate.

·
Registered
71 Posts
This doesn't apply to shinji78 but if anyone is reading this topic thinking they can retrofit sat-nav to their car the manual states:

8.16 Retrofitting the navigation function

If the device is not originally equipped with the
navigation function, it may be possible for you to
have it retrofitted. Please contact your Suzuki
dealer regarding this.
The navigation software for your device is supplied
on an SD card. Please follow the instructions
below to install the navigation software:

Note:
For details on handling SD cards,
please read the section entitled “Connecting/
inserting external devices and
data storage devices” (page 23).

Insert the SD card containing the navigation
software into the SD card slot 3.
The compatibility of the navigation software is
checked and confirmed.

Note:
If the navigation software is incompatible,
the device will not respond.

The navigation software is loaded onto the
device.

Note:
If the navigation software was not
loaded successfully, the device will
restart without the navigation function.
In this case, please try again. If the
problem persists, please contact your
Suzuki dealer.

I don't know whether that means a special SD card is required to do this or whether any Bosch SD card would work - anyone?
I took the card from our Vitara and put it into my Ignis. The Navigation option, which was not there originally, appeared as a fourth option on the infotainment screen just as in the Vitara but the display said something about the software version not being compatible and would not display anything grin the card. I updated the software and after waiting several seconds for the software to run and the card to be detected it all works. So buying an original card has no guarantee of working with your system. There are guides and advice about updating your system software all over the Internet. You do so at your own risk unless you go to a dealer to have it done. Don't know what the costs might be. I took the chance of knowing what I was doing because I've installed tons of operating systems and software over the years so I had an idea of what to expect. If all instructions are followed to the letter and you have a good file downloaded (unfortunately there is no way of checking the file integrity, so that's one of the risks) the update should proceed without fault. The update success statement which displays on screen at the end of the update only appears for a matter of seconds. If you miss the final instructions the update repeats and you MUST wait till its went all the way through again or you risk corrupting the system and this will mean a visit to the dealer and the expense that entails. So to reiterate - INSTALL SYSTEM UPDATES AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
AND after all that whatever card you have bought second hand might work. I would have thought that each successive system software update should be backwards compatible with any card hence why our one didn't work till we updated the system in my Ignis.
Wow... hope you follow all this.

Reactions: flaxvert

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say I'm surprised you've had the car SO long and not realised sat-nav was missing.

Ask the person who sold the SD card to you.

Ask the dealer now you've got the car - there may be a "switch" that needs setting somewhere in the diagnostics.

Assuming it's a genuine SD card, pop it in then go to a different dealer and complain under warranty that the sat-nav isn't working.

EDIT - BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING ABOVE

I've just realised you may have bought the wrong SD card!

There are two set-ups in a new Ignis. The earlier models had an "aftermarket" Pioneer unit fitted as this one - it's easy to identify since it says "Pioneer" at the top:

... then after around 6-12 months it was replaced with a Suzuki unit that's actually a Bosch.

What have you got and what SD card have you bought?

This is the Bosch card in mine:

View attachment 90307 View attachment 90309 (these are thumbnails - click on to enlarge)

I'd have to admit I can't find any SD cards for the older Pioneer unit.
I have got this Bosch card in my Ciaz. I want to know how to update it. Today in the Maruti Suzuki Nexa service centre they told me they don't know how to update it.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts