Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a 1993 Mazda Scrum, which I understand is just a rebadged Suzuki Carry. It just refuses to idle. It runs pretty well above 2000 rpms, but below then it just dies (unless you pump the throttle). No matter what I do with the adjustment screws, below 2000, it will run for a few seconds, then just die. Only pumping the throttle and revving it up will stop it from dying. I know these things idle high, but this is ridiculous! I replaced the spark plugs, checked the valve lash, and even replaced the carburetor with a brand new one. I tried checking the timing, but I can’t get it to run long enough at a slow enough speed to check/adjust the timing. I do see the timing mark go by (with my timing light), as it is dying, but how can yuou know if its right if it won’t maintain even close to the right rpms? I am pretty sure that the vacuum lines at the carburetor have been moved around. These vacuum lines were a mess when I got it, and I have no idea where they were originally (several were just loose when I got it). They all are hooked up now, but without a really good diagram as to what each is supposed to do, it’s hard to guess. I think the lines on the spark plug side of the engine are on. Each does something, and seems to be fine. I did find one collapsed, and replaced it (made no difference). Any suggestions? Anyone have a detailed layout on the vacuum lines? What an insane number of vacuum lines for such a small engine!

·
Registered
2 Posts

milmor88's post is all you need

I had the same symptoms as you.

I found my a vacuum line to my hot air bypass valve (on the intake filter housing) was bad.

After I replaced that, I could turn my idle down without stalling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts