Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, is there a way to read the ECM in a h25a Grand Vitara V6 with monitor coupler?
The conector on my car is DTC and have only Pin 9 that´s suzuki especific pin. I already try
OBDII Scanner withou success.
I can only read flahing codes by shortening de monitor coupler, in Check Engine Light.
I`m having issues with misfire, and a mechanical is trying hard to discover the problem without success.
Thing´s that i have already do:
Clean Throtle body
Test de TPM Sensor: OK
Change de Maf Sensor: OK
Check IAC: OK
Check IAT: OK
Change all 6 spark plugs with new ones.
Check de O2 Sensor: OK
Check Fuel Injectors: All measure 9.5 Ohms
Change All Catalystic Conversors (3)

With Monitor Coupler Shorted, code 12 (That´s means is all ok)

But I have a misfire in 2 Cylinders.
Acid Smell for exaust.

Can Anyone help-me, please????
Thank You, sorry about my english, I´m brazilian.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
2 cyl misfire could be a common ground or power supply. Do you know which cylinders? Are they adjacent?

Have you done a wet and dry compression test on all cylinders? This will prove any valve sealing issues.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes , I know which are. They are adjascent, passenger side.
I haven't done the compression test yet.

Thank you for reply.

·
Super Moderator
14,267 Posts
The items common to two adjacent cylinders that could cause a misfire are essentially wiring harness related - injector & plug wiring - has the wiring being checked for continuity back to the ECU connector? Have you tried swapping the ignition coils and/or injectors to different cylinders?

I'm also curious as to the possibility/probability of the head gasket burning through between adjacent cylinders - that would/should show up in the compression tests.

It's preferable to use the terms left side & right side (as viewed from the driver's seat), driver side & passenger side can be misleading as they require the reader to know which country the poster is from and which side of the road they drive on - Brazil drives on the right, so the vehicles are LHD.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts
I was thinking along the same lines, burnt gasket between cylinders, compression test will prove or dis prove

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was thinking along the same lines, burnt gasket between cylinders, compression test will prove or dis prove
Yesterday we did the compression test, everything ok
We disassembled the CPM sensor and it was filled with oil inside. We carefully clean with contact clean spray. We haven't tested it yet after cleaning.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Today we dismantle the gas tank to check the fuel nozzle and the filter. Everything is ok, without dirt, without clogged pipes, the pump has the correct pressure too. I'm running out of options.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Did you take the boot off the bottom of the coils and inspect for crud/junk on the lance inside? Are the spark plug wells filling with oil? How did you conduct the compression check? What was the procedure used, and what are the results?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts