Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 1.6 diesel and want to reset the oil mileage counter which I understand on the diesel model has to be done through the OBD port.
I have been looking to get a scan tool to work on several of my cars so this is an excuse to invest in one but could anyone suggest any specific models to consider which will cover all the areas I could expect to need for home maintenance - which is my case is pretty much anything that may need doing on my cars.
Many thanks for any help.

·
Registered
294 Posts
There was a review in Autoexpress fairly recently which compared a number of these tools. Have a look at the website under the “tyres and accessories” tab.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
16 Posts
Hi,

You don't need OBD tool to do this.

Register for free on VIVA VITARA

and then scroll to 3rd from last post on this thread for the steps to reset (it's in a member only section)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A very BIG thank you to Ticking Fox. This worked first time. Now I just need the combination of buttons to press and accelerator and brake presses to change my timing belt - I suspect that's going to involve 4 digits and a credit card though. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you - I only found this site and Vivavitara (thanks to your link) in the last few days. They are exactly the resources I've been looking for. So far, I've been trying to work things out for myself which can be hit or miss. Even an oil change was a challenge as the filter wasn't where I expected it. The fuel filter was fun too. Probably the biggest thing I've done on the car so far is fit a tow bar which was very very easy and surprisingly inexpensive with parts off Ebay.
Thank you again.

·
Registered
2015 Vitara SZ-T
16 Posts
I've only done simple bits n pieces on my SZ-T (mostly from what I've seen on vivavitara and decided that I 'need' to have ) but little by little the price is adding up 😁

1 - 7 of 7 Posts