Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iv got a stock standard 1989 jlx vitara and it digs in abit in soft sand just wanting to be able to tackle it abit better and am looking at some wider tires to run for the sand any options would be great at the moment its running 205/75/15 would wider tires help and what pressure should i run.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I run that same size tire on my tracker. We hit a lot of deep sand on our desert trails here in Arizona, US and I take the pressure down to 13 PSI. Often times I am pulling a trailer too, and have yet to get stuck.

randy

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i havent got stuck but starts to dig in abit only in the soft sand but i will try drop the pressure to 13 and see

·
Super Moderator
24,473 Posts
Yup, that's pretty much a rule of thumb, to knock down the tire pressure considerably. What is your current pressure? Many people mistakenly use the MAX setting on tires, rather than the car manufacturer setting.

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
I might should add, that I only drop to 13 PSI while on the trails, and then air back up to 23 PSI when I get to the street again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i was running 35 for road use as i was advised the manufactures psi was to low at around 25 for New Zealand roads

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Premium Member
465 Posts
mrchinup,

I have not been there. It looks interesting. Thanks for the tip.

randy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts