Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all im new on here, bought a samurai a few weeks ago and just got it up and running, but.... yes the dreaded but, i need some wheel studs as iv not been able to remove the offside rear tyre there so rusty they have welded themselves together so therer going to need to be cut off. that trusty persuader just didnt do the job. I have been looking around for some but cant find them anywhere so i was hoping someone on here could help! thanks Rob

·
Registered
182 Posts
And on that note, does anyone know if the spare carrier on the back uses the same stud as the front or rear that Billjohn just mentioned? I'm swapping tires/wheels with another Sami I bought and they're bigger. It'll only fit on the spare carrier if I flip the wheel around facing the tailgate. I'd like to get longer studs for the carrier, but wasn't aware of the difference that Billjohn just mentioned. What's different? And do any aftermarket or parts stores carry longer wheel studs to replace the ones on my carrier so I can have an oversized tire still fit on it without flipping it ugly side out?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The difference is the base. one has a base that has a flat spot on the side. It is not a length difference.

Here is an idea that made sense...
Spare Tire Ext. Mount - iZook
I am not sure if you can still get these from the original manufacturer (Designs of Steel), but you can use it as an idea to make one up (or have it made by a local welder).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the info, where i live the closest dealer is about an hour away and its getting time to get over there and they wont take payment over the phone or post them and to top it off i was told it would take 4 weeks for them to get them in! all i want to do is get my jeep on the road, so does is there anywhere else off the web to get them? thanks again Rob

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The part may no longer be offered for sale(?), but it's still available for viewing on their website at: Spare Tire Extension Mount - Suzuki
It is not a recent article... I didn't check thier site before posting.
Glad they are still making it. The one in my garage has been through alot and is still in great condition.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts