Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi to all
:confused:,I have this problem with my tranny (this is a 1987 SAMURAI ) THE TRANSMITION grinds in all the gears if I shift fast but if i shift very slow it wont grinds ,especially from first gear to second ,I being told that it cult be the synchros or the clutch ? ,EXEDY CLUTCH IS new with only 5000 miles

ANY IDEA

THANKS

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Check your clutch cable. Run your hands all the way from one end to the other to make sure you don't miss anything. The heat of the motor (especially up by the radiator) can soften the cable casing and then when you push on the clutch pedal it stretches the casing which means the other end of the cable doesn't move as far. You think the pedel is pushed far enough when it barely moves at the other end.
Clutch Cable

·
Registered
15 Posts
+1 to checking the clutch cable! mine slowly worked it's way out of tolerance once. tightened her up and haven't had a problem since. also, replacement is very easy if you have to.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Thanks For The Replay But I Forgot To Tell You Guys That My Cable Clutch Is New ,an I Had This Problem Before And After The Replacement ,an Another Thing That I Don't Know If This Is Only My Car But I An Unable To Engage On First Gear Unless The Car Is In Full Stop ,is This Normal?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
Sounds like the clutch is just not totally disengaging. See if you still have more that you can tighten it up. The action should start just as you start to press the pedal. if you get to the floor and it still hasn't released then you need to tighten it up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem and mistakenly changed two cables.

If you had this problem before changing clutch cable, maybe it was because old cable worked out and got longer.

If new cable is doing the same, tighten it. and if it is on its maxsimum, and still it not disengaging clutch, then try to put 2-5mm nuts to longer the cable bolt, so you will be able to tighten it a little bit moor.

I had the same problem, because old cable casing was streached and had to replace it, but new one was doing like your's, so it appeared that the new cable bolt on the end was longer, so had to shorter it by some nuts, for 5mm. and now works perfect.

Hope it will help.
:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts