Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 1987 samurai hasP275/60 R15 when I first got it. The rim don't look like it came with Samurai. I dislike the size. What next smaller size that will fit on 15" rim? Most of the time I use it on the farm and few time on Farm market road within 15 miles radius from my home. Is P185/80 R15 the original manufacture tires for my samurai?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Attached is what my samurai looks like. The age on the tires are 5 years old. It looks like I can get a little taller and more narrow tires. This current size 275/60 R15 really kind of sensative on farm market road going at least 55 mph.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
The stock size is 205/70R15, which is about a 26.3 x 8" (@ wall) tire. Those rims look just like my stock '89's without the trim rings.
tirerack dot com (specs tab) is a good site for comparing tire sizes - even shows revs per mile. Do you have any kind of lift?

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
The stock tires were most likely 205/75R15, but there may have been an optional package with slightly taller 215/75R15.
Being a very basic vehicle, there was only one wheel/tire combination each year. The wheel style only changed once, but the size remained constant.

The most common tire upgrade was going from the 26" tire to a 31" tire, along with going from a 5.5" wheel to an 8" wheel. This is done with a 3" lift and a little massaging of the inner fenderwells (lip and firewall).
:cool:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts