Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed a new headliner and headliner board?
I have an 86 but the headliner and board is missing.
I am unsure what it looks and where the parts are available.
Any information would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
JUST got a generic headliner for my tin top today. Glue coming tomorrow, can't find anything specific for my 88.5. Generic foam in my color was like $20. If it doesn't work I'm not out much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JUST got a generic headliner for my tin top today. Glue coming tomorrow, can't find anything specific for my 88.5. Generic foam in my color was like $20. If it doesn't work I'm not out much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Is there a headliner board or does it attach directly to the metal top?
I am unsure if these units had a headliner board because it appears some thing was atttached to the metal top like foam which has been removed but has residue.
Were did you find the headliner? Is it fabric or vinyl?
Please let me know how the job goes.
Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
The headliner that I had was disintegrating and was glued directly to the metal top. The support bar that goes across the middle allows a very small amount of space so I don't think that it had a headliner board.

Found it on Amazon, it's a fabric with a foam backing about a quarter inch thick not compressed.

Had it done in about a half hour, used two coats of spray on adhesive from 3M on both the top and fabric. The fabric and foam combo was so light it was a really easy job. Looks solid, there are some lumps where the old chunks of headliner weren't fully removed or thicker than normal glue sections. But overall very pleased, the cab noise has gotten much quieter.

If I have to remove this in the future I may have some issues, I used so much glue it's not coming off easily. So if it wasn't good, taking it off would have been brutal.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts