Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day to one and all,

I drive a 1998 Suzuki (SJ413) Samurai wreck (think the worst you can imagine). VIN VSESJS00C00207640 Type SA7QDU8 Engine type - G13BA - 1298cc.

I have to convert the vehicle to the simplest non-electronic system possible.

Can someone sell me whatever will be needed? or perhaps point me in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
7 Posts
EFI to Carb

I have read several threads about guys installing the Harley Davidson
carb. It is the correct size and custom intakes are available online.
They do require the proper jets.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Carburetion conversions

There are a number of aftermarket conversions available for the SJ413.

All of them allow you to completely delete the electric system used with the OEM carburetor.

I would start with a search for carburetor at Acks' FAQ (the link is in my signature, below) - but then again, I am a bit biased that way, helping folks with actual answers...

I hope that this helps!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read several threads about guys installing the Harley Davidson
carb. It is the correct size and custom intakes are available online.
They do require the proper jets.
Sambo, thanks for the suggestion, I'm looking into it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You know if you "GOOGLE" (carburetor suzuki samurai) you will get all the info you need.
Which of course I had already done. I was hoping somebody might see the post and maybe have what was needed in a bottom garage drawer for cheap. The car just isn't worth spending any more money on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
There are a number of aftermarket conversions available for the SJ413.

All of them allow you to completely delete the electric system used with the OEM carburetor.

I would start with a search for carburetor at Acks' FAQ (the link is in my signature, below) - but then again, I am a bit biased that way, helping folks with actual answers...

I hope that this helps!
Thanks a lot Ack, if only I could find that Toyota carb it looks like a solution.

·
Registered
61 Posts
If you have all the working TBI stuff and it will work with my sammi, I would be willing to swap all my carb stuff out so I can have TBI

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
If you have all the working TBI stuff and it will work with my sammi, I would be willing to swap all my carb stuff out so I can have TBI
Thank you for your post. I'm very interested by your proposition. Please give me a couple of days to get back to you. Perhaps you could check your engine type for us, like I mentioned mine is in a Spanish built european spec. 1998 Suzuki (SJ413) Samurai, VIN VSESJS00C00207640 Type SA7QDU8 Engine type - G13BA - 1298cc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts