Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Im new to the forum, i recently bought a sami, i went out to drive it and now later than 20 feet the car came to a sudden halt and the engine died. I started it up again and had my foot on the clutch, when i release the clutch pedal the car starts to die. Please help me out with this if you can. The transmission engages all gears and so does the transfer case, idk what else to look at

·
Registered
686 Posts
Check Ebrake and individual brakes, jack it up and make sure both diffs and all axles rotate properly. This is where I would start.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does the same thing even if im in neutral, neutral on the case and the tranny, it still dies out when i release clutch pedal

·
Registered
5,598 Posts
It does the same thing even if im in neutral, neutral on the case and the tranny, it still dies out when i release clutch pedal
if i'm understanding you correctly, It runs ok if you start it with your foot on the clutch and dies as soon as you lift your foot off? won't turn over with starter (or does so slowly with foot off clutch but fine with foot on clutch?) if so, then you have a dead input bearing into the trans, or some other issue in the input shaft area, time to drop the trans and strip it down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts