Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to turn on the truck one day and just got a bad grinding sound, no turn over or anything, turned the key off, tried again, same grinding sound no turnover or anything. waited a few seconds, turned the key and the truck started. now its been starting but think this might happen again maybe leaving me stranded.

·
Registered
123 Posts
SOunds like the teeth on your flywheel are rounded down. I would recomend taking off the flywheel, flip the starter ring, refurface the flywheel, and reinstall, that should fix the problem,

·
Registered
33 Posts
I agree with first changing the starter. You can visually check the flywheel teeth by looking through the timing plug located on the driver side bell housing. That will give you a good idea of the flywheel condition.

·
Super Moderator
12,442 Posts
SOunds like the teeth on your flywheel are rounded down. I would recomend taking off the flywheel, flip the starter ring, refurface the flywheel, and reinstall, that should fix the problem,
I don't think the ring comes off on these flywheels - at least not on the two I have, and Suzuki doesn't list it as available separately.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I don't think the ring comes off on these flywheels - at least not on the two I have, and Suzuki doesn't list it as available separately.
If you have a original suzuk flywheel, then the ring gear is pressed on. I have a ring gear sitting right next to me, and NO they are no avail as a seprate item, it being 2 pieces is a manufacturing process.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts