Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has happened twice so far....once in a while if I hit a bump like coming out of a parking lot my Sammi will just die. First time it started back up after about 30 seconds of cracking. But over the weekend it would not fire back up. Just acted like there was no fuel or spark. I pulled it home and did some testing...it had spark so I sprayed starter fluid down the carbs throat. It still just cranked with no sign of life. After about an hour I tried again and is slowly came back to life and started. Could this be a flooding issue? Any thoughts of where to look to prevent this from happening again?
I have changed all vacuum lines already and it is in Time. Thanks

·
Registered
4,290 Posts
Carb or fuel injected?

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It sounds like an electrical problem. The coil can get dammaged when it's jostled arround, the condition worsens with age and abuse. (you can buy higher quality ones that are suspended in some kind of media that will last you a lot longer and take more punishment) It's possible that even though you are getting spark, it's not a hot enough spark to initiate combustion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm, I will do some checking around on the coil. I was suspecting electrical as well...especially with the starter fluid not working. I do have a 1 year old ACCEL coil installed.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Have u tested the ground wire behind the battery ?
If it responds to WD40 then u kno where to clean it up.
Other trouble spots from bumps, known to cause trouble are the gas pedal cable (or choke cable if it has one) grounding on the body.
The ignition wires can chafe and ground too.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Arlo...I will look at those items.

I did take a piece of wood and tapped on the coil and dist. cap while it was running. No change. I also tugged on all the plug wires and other connections...never missed a beat. I hate these kind of problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts